Welcome to Kingston, near Queenstown, on the southern shores of Lake Wakatipu. Hectors is a small, unique motel and holiday park at the foot of the Hector Mountains.
Stay at Hectors:
- ... Motel - Quiet, modern, spacious rooms, opposite the Reserve
- ... Cottages - retro kiwi-styled, self-contained or basic
- ... Campervans, caravans or tent sites - spacious, secluded, safe
- ... Holiday Park facilities - retro, stylish and a little bit different
- ... Holiday House - genuine fully furnished 60s crib (South Island holiday home)
- ... An ideal stopover on the way to/from Milford Sound
- ... 35 minute drive from Queenstown airport
- ... 25 minutes from the entrance to the Remarkable Ski Fields
- ... 1½ hours drive from Te Anau
- ... Around the Mountains Cycle Trail accommodation - the best in Kingston!
- ... Pet friendly
- ... Child friendly
A stunning drive from Queenstown, Hectors can be used as a base for Southern Lakes activities. Hectors is set amidst mature trees and the Kingston Creek meanders through the grounds which are planted with wild flowers and herbs to pick.
Kingston is a small unspoiled town at the southern end of Lake Wakatipu:
- The start/end of the Around the Mountains Cycle Trail (coming soon!)
- Home of the historic Kingston Flyer vintage steam train
- Nine-hole golf course
- Walking tracks
- Fishing, kayaking, boating
- The Kingston Corner cafe/bar is opposite Hectors
- Children’s playground and tennis courts next to Hectors
Experience the Wakatipu as it used to be - we offer a variety of accommodation options at best value prices.
Your hosts, Pamela and John Paul (JP) extend a warm welcome.
Summer: 8.00am - 9:30pm
Winter: 9.00am - 8:30pm
Check-in 3.00pm Check-out 10.00am
(Early check-in or late check out out by prior arrangement)
The Hector Mountains, Lake Wakatipu, Kingston near Queenstown
The Kingston Flyer Vintage Steam Train
SS Earnslaw on a special visit to Kingston